MuseItUp Bookstore

MuseItUp Bookstore
The place to find quality novels and short stories in a variety of genres.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Her Last Kiss cyber party!

Hi there!

Her Last Kiss launched into cyberspace with a--you guessed it--a CyberLaunch Party on Feb 5th! It was very exciting to answer potential readers questions and explain the book a little more. I am posting a new excerpt of the story that I hope you enjoy.

I also have a website now. www.wix.com/jwrit02/jenna-storm 

Please stop by and leave a comment or just visit. I plan to add fun and interesting bits of information to "Jenna's Diary" that will center on the paranormal world.

Her Last Kiss (excerpt)


“You’re telling me there are daemons, vampires, and mythical beings?”
“It’s a complex world, Geneva.”  
Not complex. Terrifying. She curled into a tight ball on the recliner. Sleep was out of the question. 
“I could die up here, my body fed on by Sarko. Dammit, Alek, vampires and daemons are supposed to be a myth. Feeding on someone’s body and stealing their soul belongs in a horror movie.” She was angry with Alek for bringing this terror to her door. She rubbed her neck imagining the feel of Sarko’s teeth tearing into her skin, draining her blood. Any minute she expected him to burst through the door, a leering grin on his pasty face. 
“Lay with me,” Alek offered. He turned onto his side, and shifted, so there were a few empty inches of cushion. 
She started to move and then stopped. “I’m not having sex with you.”
He held up the blanket inviting her into the small space. “No conditions.”
She jumped off the recliner and hurried to the sofa. There was no doubt she felt attracted to Alek, but there was more to it. A bond born from the fact he was her only protection against Sarko. She lay down and rested her head on his bicep. He draped his free arm over her waist. She welcomed the pressure. It made her feel safe.

1 comment:

  1. Jenna,
    I love this excerpt. Geneva might have felt safe but I didn't. The image of Sarko's teeth I found easy to transfer to Alek. I can see from this that 'Her Last Kiss' will be full of suspense. Am off to check out your website.

    Here's mine : http://wendylaharnar.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete